Saturday, October 12, 2019

OUR EDITOR

Hi again Blog:

I finished writing my book called My Imaginary Dog, draft 1 that is, and asked my nephew, Paul Vitols, if he would edit it for me and Bear.  Yes, he said, so I sent him a copy.

Weeks passed, or was it months, before Paul emailed me.  He said he read my book slowly and carefully, as is his way, and that he enjoyed it very much, high praise from a man who reads and writes mostly about people and events from Before Christ. 

Bear jumped in here and said "Is he the right person to edit our book, Bum?" and looked somewhat dubious after hearing about that Before Christ stuff.

"Paul is a very good writer, in fact exceptional.  He's good at syntax, grammar, tenses, and story structure," said Bum.  "You know, all that bullshit you need to know to produce an excellent product.  Furthermore, he has written a couple of TV shows, short stories, etc., and he is more than competent to organize a book into manuscript form, ready for e-book or to have published."

"Oh," said Bear.

"Yes, Oh," responded Bum.

Bum and Bear agree that they have their editor, and a good one.  Let the editing begin.    




 

No comments:

Post a Comment