Friday, October 11, 2019

ME TOO

Hi Blog, my name is Bear.  I am Jackie's imaginary dog.

In our book, Jackie calls herself Janey because she doesn't want anyone to know it is her.  She is a somewhat secretive person.  Jackie's nephew recommended that she get herself a blog and came up with the title, editingwithmyimaginarydog.blogspot.com.  Her nephew said that it is unlikely that anyone will read it because no one reads his.  Jackie is good with that because she is a private person.

When I discussed with Jackie the merit of having a blog, in light of her nephew's comments,she said she wants somewhere to write down her conversation with me because she hopes I will help with the edit of our book.  She also said she has no desire to have her blog go postal.  Sheesh, she means go viral, of course, and I told her so.  She's fairly intelligent but often gets words like this wrong, part of her charm I guess.  To emphasize the difference, I explained that going postal means she would be wearing a clown suit in a high tower with a high-powered rifle.  Always the optimist, she said maybe postal would force more readers to read our book.  Good grief, as Snoopy would say. 

To get back to the point of my posting on this blog, on the second or third day of our walk up Strathcona, we stopped at the blue church, and because it was warm, Jackie/Janey removed her sweater.  I noticed a mark on the shoulder of the blouse she was wearing.  She was affronted because she said it is her logo, not a mark.  Using her initials, JL, she mended a small hole in the blouse and placed a flower on top, sort of like Picasso, she said, which I thought was a reach.

I looked at it more carefully and said, "it looks like a bum."  I called her Bum ever after.

Life began for my imaginary friend, Bum.











   

No comments:

Post a Comment