Saturday, October 8, 2022

F....NG COVID WITH POEM

Hi Bear.

Don't Hi Bear me, where have you been?

I've been busy, I guess.

You guess?  Don't you know?

The heat.s been bad.  It saps my energy and my thoughts.  Maybe it's the bloody COVID and the endless talk about vaccinations.  I don't think I'm alone in this despondency, if that's the right word.

I get your drift.  It's been pretty awful at my house too.  My Master's wife never shuts up about that crap she hears on the radio.  You haven't given up on your writing as well as your walks, have you? 

As you know, Paul is editing my book, My Imaginary Dog.  As you also know, you are my imaginary dog.  Anyway, you know he's pretty slow but he is up to Chapter 38 of 50 so we're moving in the right direction.  My sister, bi F. helps me with changes Paul suggests so we're working on that this weekend. 

Have you tried your hand at any other writing?

I started my Memoir but it's slow going as I try to remember enough stuff about my early days.

I can see that's a problem.  Your memory never was great Jackie.

I've been writing some poems to while away my empty days.  Do you want to hear the latest one?

Yes, of course, please feel free to fill my empty days.


                                                                          ........


DARK

I'm lying in bed in fear.

The door swings open

and darkness comes in.

Is that you Dad?

There is no answer.

I get up and approach

the open door.

I call out again and

enter the blackness,

my fear around me like a cloak.

I awoke.




Hmm, said Bear.  That's a very dark poem.

Hence, the title.  Let's go on with our walk, Bear.  The sun is shining, alls bright with our life.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment